Friday, August 10, 2018

Introducing: Phonographic Memory


Hi everyone. Its me Jake.

As many of you know, I love making music. There is a disclaimer on this one though. I have learned over the years that while I genuinely and deeply love PERFORMING music, I mostly just love the IDEA of having original and recorded music. I do truly value the idea. However, the process of writing and recording is generally a frustrating and challenging one for me. While performing is utter joy, writing and recording is real elbow grease. Its stressful, it invokes anxiety. With life's other demands, it is always situationally awkward and forced and I don't feel naturally gifted at it at all.

Still, there is a force that compels me to bring content to that culminating point. It is the example my musical heroes have laid before me (famous and not-so). There is something powerful about creating something, and there is a void, for me at least, if it hasn't been captured, documented and somehow conveyed.
I have used the YouTube channel for this. I have, however, reached a critical mass of requests for MP3's of songs. Which I appreciate. I will do anything to encourage folks to listen.
So to the right you will find a range of tracks that have been recorded by Cedar and Sage or myself in the last few years. You can download the whole thing or individual tracks. Many are demos that may never get their due. I am sick of them languishing in the deep dark corners of my external hard drives.
Go to the "Phonographic Memory" tab to learn more about the tracks.
Enjoy!